Topic: The Best of Us: The FIYH Forum Greatest Hits

I dunno about you, but I sometimes like to read through old threads, so I thought it could be a fun idea to revisit a few and come up with a 'Greatest Hits' of the forum. So here's my proposal: you post some links to threads that you believe are the best of the best - along with a brief reason why and if we get enough submissions, we can have some sort of voting system to determine a top (arbitrary number) definitive list of The Best of Us.

To start things off, I've put together a list of 10 threads I think would be suited. Note, I wouldn't say these are my Top 10 - but they are certainly 10 I would deem worthy of inclusion. Don't worry about submitting a ton of links yourself, one or two is fine - I just think if I'm starting the ball rolling, I may as well overcompensate.

Announcement: Goodnight, Goodnight!

This one is obvious really. Massive lovefest from us all that really warms up the fuzzies.

Are Video Games Art

A thread that spawned an Intermission episode and a classic example of a discussion that anywhere else would resort to 'FUCK YOU YOU SUCKKKKK!!!!'

DIF Community Project: DIF Road Trip!

C'mon, it's the fucking Road Trip! A bunch of us from all around the world set out to make an impossible thing and we bloody well did it.

"Extended Edition" Community Podcast

Okay, this may be a bit shameless - but c'mon. Bunch of forumers decide to start a podcast together? Too right!

Let's talk about Joss, baby

Another great example of a discussion that would turn sour anywhere else.

Lightwave for Beginners

Teague tells us how to make things. We fucking make things.

P&P: General Editing

Not only do we get a nice handy guide from Teague on the basics of editing workflows, we have an insanely insightful post from Eddie. I also may be a little biased as editing is kinda my thing.

Reading: The Internet Knows Where I Live

4chan vs. Teague. I've put this here more for it as a moment in FIYH history.

So, Mike was hit by a car.

The love and support that comes through in this thread is nothing short of extraordinary.

Zarban's lightsaber battle project

We might take a long time to get it done, but damn do we make kids dreams come true!

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Re: The Best of Us: The FIYH Forum Greatest Hits

Great idea! Just looking at your list shows me how much I've missed and I'd love to see the gold in this mine.
My own recommendation is a bit paltry but I really enjoyed the responses and nightmares I got from it. One of my first posts here.

Prince Rupert's Drops As Arrowheads

Witness me!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

The Best of Us: The FIYH Forum Greatest Hits
A thread that serves as a helpful catalogue for the threads that best reflect the nature of this forum.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

sad_tennant

...but in a happy way.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

My personal fave: Is there a God and why? If any thread could have gone completely to hell it would have been this one, but the conversation remained civil if at times heated throughout, and eventually devolved into dirty limericks.

Last edited by Abbie (2015-08-20 15:33:53)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

And thus proved the existence of God.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

My personal fave: Is there a God and why? If any thread could have gone completely to hell it would have been this one, but the conversation remained civil if at times heated throughout, and eventually devolved into dirty limericks.

I forgot about that one! Definitely a great choice.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You know what? Sticky.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

It's sticky? Ew.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://67.media.tumblr.com/d3b6ece8fcb0064b9d717098a0db923b/tumblr_mxddr7UhgN1t2actoo1_500.gif

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Well played.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down